Thursday, May 21, 2009

That time of year



This blog begins as so many have over the years, with a boat idea in the summer. I've labeled this blog "Sailor-Jerry" for personal reasons, that I will explain later, but for now I simply attribute the series of events that are about to unfold to the natural instinct that bears fruit in the summers in the form of an abstract vessel design made to seperate me from the shore. To get things going I will simply post the first two photos as the concept developed and will start describing the process with words and photos as it happens.

My first nautical adventure blog was done in or around 2002, before blogging was the rage, and it involved me traveling across the country and reliving a river raft trip that I had with a friend in the early 80's down the Ohio River. Every day along the road I would try to upload details of the journey and photos. I also mailed back video tapes that ran on a loop and fed the images as stills through to my website. I was hacky at best, but it was worth the effort and things shouldn't be this difficult now to keep up with the action. I'll try and find the old blog to see if it made any sense. In the meantime I leave you with these two photos and from this you should be able to see where things are heading.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! That is quite an improvement on the last raft. I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, the hobo-ing of summer begins.

    ReplyDelete