Monday, June 8, 2009

The Vessel

I've attached a deck using seatbelt belts and an old bed frame to the surfboards. I am hopeful that the straps, once replaced with winching straps, will provide stiffness and portability. I cut holes in plywood and ran the straps through the holes to make the plywood serve as a structure and a deck. The light-weight metal bed frame also fit well so it stays with the system and should add some rigidity to the deck. The frame gives me more places to tie things to or to connect small electrical trolling motors for a quiet ride. I've been looking on craigslist for these motors which seem abundant, but they all look funky because I know once you plug them in they will have varying results in the water. I could see having multiple engines to be able to manuever this contraption. My camera has been out of battery life, so I haven't been able to post photos, coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment